A St. Gregory education shapes and guides young children during their most formative years.
We are grateful for faithful partners like you who support our mission of systematic faith formation and academic excellence. Contributions of any amount are welcome but gifts of $100 or more designate you as a member of The St. Gregory Society.
- Memorials and Tributes
- St. Gregory welcomes contributions in any amount to the funds below. Donations may be received as memorials for relatives or friends. Tributes for birthdays, holidays or other special occasions are welcome in honor of a student, faculty member, alumnus or friend. All tributes and memorials are acknowledged to the recipient.
- Sr. Mary Theresa of Jesus* Endowment Fund
- Great teachers make St. Gregory a great school. Contributions to this fund support the long-term financial stability of the school by helping to provide for competitive teacher salaries and benefits.
This endowment is a permanent “trust” account established by St. Gregory to give the school a measure of financial stability and independence. Gifts to this trust account are deposited by St. Gregory Cathedral School into a secured fund. The endowment principal earns dividends which then become income to benefit the school providing financial resources in perpetuity. The school has fiduciary responsibility for management its endowment funds.
* Sr. Mary Theresa of Jesus is the foundress of the School Sisters of Notre Dame. The SSND’s opened and staffed St. Gregory for many years.
- Student Aid Fund
- The financial need of St. Gregory families has increased significantly in the challenging economy of recent years. Thanks to the generosity of its donors, St. Gregory is able to provide need-based tuition assistance to some but no all of the deserving students who qualify for student aid.
In 2010-11, St. Gregory granted approximately $92,000 in financial assistance.
Significant growth in the Student Aid Fund will allow St. Gregory to fund higher levels of need, as well as a greater number of qualified and deserving students. Your generous support is greatly needed and appreciated.
- General Operating Fund
- Tuition covers approximately 85% of the operating budget. Contributions to the General Operating Fund help defray the essential operating expenses not fully covered by tuition.
To learn more about ways to give to St. Gregory Cathedral School, or for additional information, please contact:
Kathy Shieldes Harry
500 S College Ave.
Tyler TX 75702