St. Gregory is the oldest continuously operating private school in Tyler, with a distinguished tradition of systematic faith formation, academic excellence, and Christian service. It is a welcoming environment for students of widely varied socioeconomic backgrounds, faith traditions and ethnicity.
St. Gregory Cathedral School is accredited by the Texas Catholic Accreditation Conference and recognized by the Texas Education Agency. It is the only three-time U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School in East Texas.
- St. Gregory serves students in PreKindergarten through 5th grade. The school offers 2 PreKindergarten programs: a Full week PreKindergarten mixed age class of 4 and 3 years old class; and a PreKindergarten mixed age class of 4 and 3 years old on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Current enrollment is approximately 320 students.
- Student/teacher ratio is 11:1.
- One-third of St. Gregory teachers have at least five years’ tenure; another third have more than a decade of commitment to the school.
- Our diverse student body is comprised of 25 percent non-Caucasian ethnicity, and draws from a 40-mile radius and a wide cross-section of socioeconomic backgrounds.
Application for Enrollment
Please contact us to receive additional information or an application for enrollment.