St. Gregory is the oldest continuously operating private school in Tyler, with a distinguished tradition of systematic faith formation, academic excellence, and Christian service. It is a welcoming environment for students of widely varied socioeconomic backgrounds, faith traditions and ethnicity.
St. Gregory Cathedral School is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Accreditation Conference and recognized by the Texas Education Agency. It is the only two-time U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School in East Texas.
- St. Gregory offers two and three-day Preschool, in addition to Full-Day classes for Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grades 1-5.
- Current enrollment is approximately 320 students.
- Student/teacher ratio is 11:1.
- One-third of St. Gregory teachers have at least five years’ tenure; another third have more than a decade of commitment to the school.
- Our diverse student body is comprised of 25 percent non-Caucasian ethnicity, and draws from a 40-mile radius and a wide cross-section of socioeconomic backgrounds.
Application for Enrollment
Please contact us to receive additional information or an application for enrollment.
- Tuition Schedule
Annual Tuition Monthly Tuition 3Pre-K (Mon-Wed) $2,486 $226 4Pre-K (Mon-Wed-Fri) $3,729 $339 Parishioner $6,215 $565 Non-Parishioner $7,491 $681 Fee Schedule Registration Fee (through February 28, 2013) $250 ($750 family max) Registration Fee (after February 28, 2013) $500 ($1500 family max)
Monthly tuition payments are due in 11 installments beginning July 1, 2013.
Those families applying for Catholic parishioner rates must be active, contributing parishioners in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Parish or St. Mary Magdalene-Flint, or St. Peter Claver.
- A 10% discount is given to the 3rd and 4th child.
- Volunteer services hours required at 10 hours per year, billed at $25 per hour if not performed by March 31, 2014.