Augmenting a strong core curriculum that places students in the top ten percent of the nation, St. Gregory extends and reinforces learning with a diverse array of enrichment activities to maximize student potential.
Creative thinking strategies such as fluency, flexibility, originality and elaboration are infused into the curriculum. Mind Benders and daily logic problems increase inductive and deductive reasoning skills and analytic thinking. Bloom’s Taxonomy, WebQuests, Web 2.0, and other multi-media products stretch the minds of our students.
- Academic: Academic Rodeo; Mathletics; Science Fair; Young Authors Contest; writing workshops; fifth-grade outdoor education camp; and field trips to Caldwell Zoo, East Texas Oil Museum and Tyler Junior College Planetarium, among others.
- Athletics: Team sports in Tyler are community-based until Grade 7. Church league basketball conferences and baseball are readily available.
- Fine Arts: Choral ensemble, hand bell choir, Kirshbaum Strings program, all-school musical, Academic Rodeo, Spiraling Art projects based on Master and Contemporary artists , Guest artists, East Texas Symphony, Tyler Museum of Art field trip, Tyler Junior College fairytale plays and Tyler Civic Ballet.
- Physical Education: Field Day, Tyler Junior College tennis instruction, Jump Rope for Heart, fifth-grade outdoor education camp, St. Gregory Fun Run. Volleyball, Basketball and Soccer units of instruction.
- Religion/Faith Community: Weekly Children’s Liturgy, Pet Blessing, Holy Week celebrations and re-enactments, Advent celebrations, Christmas Lights, Thanksgiving Feast and myriad Christian service activities.